Dr Jenner's House, Berkeley

Summary:

The Chantry, an elegant 18th Century house in Berkeley, is the former home of world renowned scientist Dr Edward Jenner who developed the world's first vaccine and changed the world forever.
Dr Jenner's House, Berkeley
Steeped in history, it's not an exaggeration to say that the town of Berkeley, on the southern edge of the Cotswolds, has changed the world.

The Chantry, an elegant 18th Century house, is the former home of world renowned scientist Dr Edward Jenner (1749-1823). It was here that Jenner developed the world's first vaccine and changed the world forever.

The house and gardens celebrate Jenner's life and legacy, and there is also a gift shop and refreshment area, children's activities and trails.

Edward Jenner is buried inside the adjacent 13th Century church.

Pictured above: Edward Jenner by James Northcote

More Information

Address:

The Chantry , Church Lane, Berkeley, Gloucestershire, GL13 9BN

Telephone:

01453 810631

Website:

www.jennermuseum.com

© Loving The Cotswolds. 2017.