Hart Gold & Silversmiths, Chipping Campden

Summary:

Harts' workshop is the last operating remnant of the Guild of Handicraft which was established in Chipping Campden over 100 years ago. Visitors are welcome to see this team of craftsmen specialising in the best traditions of handmade silver at work and inspect the range of articles for sale.
Visitors are welcome to see this team of craftsmen specialising in the best traditions of handmade silver at work and inspect the range of articles for sale.
The workshop is the last operating remnant of the Guild of Handicraft which C.R. Ashbee established in 1888. George Hart was a silversmith with the Guild when it moved to Chipping Campden in 1902. From 1912 he took on the running of the workshop, joined in 1930 by his son Henry. This high tradition is now carried on by his grandson David Hart along with Derek Elliott, and William and Julian Hart.
Harts specialise in a wide range of domestic silverware from cutlery to bowls, jugs, condiment sets, silver tea and coffee services and the largest of salvers.

More Information

Address:

The Guild of Handicraft, Sheep Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6DS

Telephone:

01386 841100

Website:

www.hartsilversmiths.co.uk

© Loving The Cotswolds. 2017.