North Leigh Roman Villa

Summary:

The remains of a Roman courtyard villa are situated near North Leigh in Oxfordshire.

The remains of a large, well built Roman courtyard villa are situated just north of the hamlet of East End in North Leigh parish in Oxfordshire. 

The most important feature is a nearly complete mosaic tile floor, patterned in reds and browns, which can be seen through a viewing window.

The site is located in a peaceful rural landscape, within a loop of the River Evenlode.

More Information

Address:

North Leigh, Oxfordshire

Telephone:

0870 333 1181

Website:

www.english-heritage.org.uk

© Loving The Cotswolds. 2017.