Stonehouse Town Football Club

The club is based at The Magpies stadium in Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, which has a capacity of 3,300.

Stonehouse joined the Western League in 1947 and between the 1950s and 1970s, the team regularly attracted crowds of over 2,000 to their games. As Stonehouse FC, the club entered the FA Cup every season between 1947 and 1975, reaching the Second Qualifying Round on seven occasions.

The club was known as Stonehouse Freeway until 2007 when the men's and youth teams merged. Since then, Stonehouse Town have enjoyed reasonable success.

Stonehouse currently runs four teams, with the first team playing in the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League and the three other teams playing in the Stroud & District Football League.
© Loving The Cotswolds. 2017.